Where Was I?

>> Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I’m back on the blog. After a very long silence I think it’s about time I let my readers know, if there is anyone left, what happened since I stepped on the plane that took me home. To hell with the unpublished entries (yes, I’ve had quite a few lined up), to hell with the “12 Things I’ve Learned in Qatar” series, and to hell with past sentiments. What’s important is right here, right now. Now, where was I?

I was away from blogging, and the only reason is because I was back to my old life. I started Like Clockwork Orange the day I left the country but now that I’m back I didn’t feel the need to blog. It would be unfair to abandon it just because I’m enjoying my vacation. All my patient readers have followed me through my downs, it’s only right to walk them through my ups.

There’s not much to say except that I’ve been partying and eating a lot. Drinking every other day is still not enough to flame the breathalyzer after a year of almost zero alcohol. So I’ve been hanging out with friends, alternating between coffee and beer. I’ve been sleeping during the day and roaming the scenes at night. In short, I’ve been a total slacker.

So, there you have it—instant recap of weeks of absence from the blogosphere. I’m sure I’ll come up with a more detailed post one of these days. What’s important is you know I’m still alive. I’m taking this opportunity to jumpstart my blog, it’s the new year after all.
OUT

13 responses:

Abaniko 02 January, 2008  

No matter. As long as you're back, that's enough good news for us. Happy to see you blogging again. Hey, post regularly and often from now on, okay? Cheers to you, direk!

Anonymous 03 January, 2008  

your alive =o

i thought you were kidnapped by teh snake-man from teh malls as all flips would tell me.

glad to kno you havin fun tho. =]

jayclops 03 January, 2008  

Hala, taba na siguro ka karon since the last time I saw you and that was like 2 weeks ago? Hehehe

Odette 03 January, 2008  

hmmm... ahmmm... hi!!!

Anonymous 03 January, 2008  

akala ko na-deads ka na. kalor!
welcum backlush.
hapinyunyir!

atto aryo 04 January, 2008  

Ei! Any beer left? Abaniko and I are just about ready to help you face the tagayan challenge! Right, Abaniko? Cheers!

<.> 07 January, 2008  

actually, you're gaining one more head in your fan base here - in my person. hope you don't mind i link you up.

happy new year!

Gypsy 09 January, 2008  

Welcome back! Been a slacker myself but hey its always good to spend real physical time (not just cyber time) with friends so I won't hold that against you!

Happy new year!!

By the way, there's a popular clothing retailer chain in Northern Ireland called Clockwork Orange--:) wala lang, thought you'd like to know. Cheers!

Anonymous 11 January, 2008  

Acropolis Review Qatar

http://acropolisreview.blogspot.com/2008/01/january-11-2008-guantanomo.html

Anonymous 29 January, 2008  

this blog spot seems familiar. i wonder if i have a made a comment here before. anyhooow... welcome back to pinas sir.

Anonymous 05 February, 2008  

you still have plenty of readers as seen from the comments here

James Dunworth 15 April, 2008  

No more posts and it is April now - hope you don't leave the blog to die as it is (was?) one of the best blogs in Qatar.

Keith 01 May, 2008  

Kumusta? I love the film Clockwaork Orange.... saw it first time in 1985... Your writing, your story is fun. Thank you for sharing

Abre Los Ojos

My photo
Thirtysomething educator who holds the secret to the meaning of life. =P

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP